Waterproof Metal Pushbutton with Blue LED Ring - 16mm Blue Momentary (ADA481)

This is a placeholder topic for “Waterproof Metal Pushbutton with Blue LED Ring - 16mm Blue Momentary” comments.

These chrome-plated metal buttons are rugged and waterproof and look real good while doing it! Simply drill a 16mm hole into any material up to 1/2" thick and you can fit these in place, there’s even a rubber gasket to keep any water out of the enclosure. On the front of the button is a flat metal actuator, surrounded by a blue plastic LED ring. On the back there are 3 contacts for the button (common, normally-open and normally-closed) and 2 for the blue LED ring (+ and -). Connect 3 to 6V to the LED to have it light up nicely, there’s a built in resistor! If you want to use this with a higher voltage, say 12V or 24V, simply add a 470 ohm resistor in series with the LED connection to keep the LED current at around 20mA.

Read more

How would I wire this up to illuminate when the button is pressed? I wanted to use it to trigger a garage door opener which I would hide in my car, this would have its own battery so not sure if the LED can be powered independently via its own battery/power source?

Hi @Scott83434,
From memory (its a couple of years since I wired mine up) there are 5 or 6 connectors on the back of the switch, some for the switch and some for the LED. In short and if memory serves me right, the LED and switch are independent from each other - sounds like perfect for what you want.

You will need a multimeter and a bit of patience to determine which pins are which.

R
Jon

And after you’ve done that, confirm it with the circuit diagram in the product description.

Link in the original post, as the blue product name at the start of the post, and the blue “read more” at the end of the post.

2 Likes