Waveshare 2.9inch E-Paper Module for Raspberry Pi Pico 296x128 (Black/White) (CE07654)

This is a placeholder topic for “Waveshare 2.9inch E-Paper Module for Raspberry Pi Pico 296x128 (Black/White)” comments.

Small form factor display for your Raspberry Pi Pico.

Read more

Do you have a Waveshare 2.9inch E-paper to suit Arduino Nano?

The device is supported for Arduino UNO and Mega2560, so it would work with most Arduinos, including Nano. You would have to find or make a cable to suit. The wiki explains what is required.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. Do you have the necessary plug to suit so that I can make my own cable?

Hi Craig,

Just FYI, Jeff’s just a talented community member, not staff, so he’s under no obligation to find products for you, luckily, I am!

Here’s pinout info for it:

The good news is that a breakout from 8-pin JST (not sure which series) to female header pins is included! So all you need to hook up to an Arduino or breadboard is some male jumpers:

I’ll make a note to update our product page.

All the best with your project!
-James

Hey, that’s great! Thanks James, and thanks to Jeff for his assistance. This is my first project wit the e-paper, so I am unfamiliar with its setup. The images on the product page don’t show an included cable.

Cheers
Craig

See also GitHub - ZinggJM/GxEPD2: Arduino Display Library for SPI E-Paper Displays – this library supports many e-Paper displays on Arduino platforms. I have ported it to Raspberry Pi GitHub - frankvdh/GxEPD2-RPi: Arduino Display Library for SPI E-Paper Displays, although this is targeted at the regular RPi rather than the Pico. I haven’t worked with a Pico, but I’d guess that you’re probably better off starting from the Arduino version.

NB that (generally speaking) the slow refresh rate and flashing of epaper displays makes them unsuitable for interactive terminals in the traditional sense of scrolling text. You may want to look into using the “partial refresh” feature which updates part of the screen in 0.3 seconds.

1 Like