Which is supported more by FPGA Design tools? Arduino or Atom?

Hi Core-Electronics Community,

Can you please suggest- which FPGA Design tools is supported more? (As in Core-Electronics support staff and community have more expertise in it) Aurdino or Atom?

I will switch to whichever board and associated tools is supported more! From my brief experience so far, it appears to be Aurdino but I would still like to ask everybody and get their thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

James Pasinski

1 Like

Hi James,

You should be able to go with any of those boards, although it depends on the kind of project you’re integrating it into and compatibility with breakouts you need (although, almost every standard will be cross-compatible). In this case, it mainly depends on your previous experience and the tools you’re currently using. Have you got any preference for any particular FPGA tools that you’ve used before?

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

No particular preference yet but the design will be pretty complex because the FPGA will be used to mine Randomx based cryptocurrencies…

Hi James,

Oh, a very interesting application, if I remember correctly people often modify extremely powerful GPU to do that. For performance, you’ll likely need to go with the Atom, as the specs of the Arduino boards aren’t competitive enough to be used effectively used in that application (that being said, you should still be able to do it) make sure to let us know how you go with the project, I haven’t seen anything like that before on our site.

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

Ok I will, thanks Bryce :slight_smile:

1 Like