2.8 TFT Touch Shield for Arduino with Resistive Touch Screen (ADA1651)

This is a placeholder topic for “2.8 TFT Touch Shield for Arduino with Resistive Touch Screen” comments.

Spice up your Arduino project with a beautiful large touchscreen display shield with built in microSD card connection. This TFT display is big (2.8" diagonal) bright … read more

Read more

The resistive version works perfectly for me, I’m not sure what advantage the capacitive touch screen has.
The screen worked straight out of the box on an UNO R3 but not on an R2 even with the solder bridges in place.

My only request would be a basic tutorial on programming for those of us who can speak Arduino but are a bit weak on raw C and C++. I’ve been studying the ‘ArduinoPhone’ sketch to get a handle on how to get started on my own project.

Thanks for your feedback @Kit6269! If you do get a nice bit of code together, along with a snap or two of the setup, then please do share it here on the forum in this thread - so other makers can get on track faster :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Kit, we’ll take a look at getting something like that going in the future.
One of the main benefits of capacitive touch is its responsiveness vs. resistive touch which requires pressure, whereas capacitive touch only requires light contact with a capacitive material.