Adafruit 24-Channel 12-bit PWM LED Driver - SPI Interface - TLC5947 (ADA1429)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adafruit 24-Channel 12-bit PWM LED Driver - SPI Interface - TLC5947” comments.

For all of you out there who want to control 24 channels of PWM, Adafruit salute you! They also would like you to check out this breakout board for the TLC5947 PWM driver … read more

Read more

Hey. I’m looking at your Arduino controller range of products, like the Adafruit 24ch 12-bit PWM LED driver. My project is a very large LED display(4Kx3K RGB pixels with variable intensity) refreshed in realtime. I saw the 5x8 LED array on your product review video that looks like it might be suitable. What would be the best products to approach this project? I’m starting from scratch, so have no current constraints.

Holey moley! 4k x 3k? That’s crazy big! That’s 36 million individual LED’s you’re going to have to control even for desktop monitors that’s very high resolution - this kind of board might be good for getting an understanding of the principles of operation but you’re definitely going to need a fairly serious off the shelf display driver (or spend the next 10 years of your life building one).

Haha. Indeed.
How about if I wanted to start with something smaller just to get the hang of the technology, say 800x400px?