Black Mecanum Wheel (97mm) - Right (FIT0768)

This is a placeholder topic for “Black Mecanum Wheel (97mm) - Right” comments.

What wheels should your smart robot car use? How about Mecanum wheel! The Mecanum wheel is an omnidirectional wheel design for a land-based vehicle to move in any…

Read more

what shaft coupler to buy with this?

Hi Barnabas,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve contacted our supplier and they don’t yet have a shaft coupler that fits these mecanum wheels and is available separately. The shaft couplers that are included in the smaller-size wheels is still only a press fit adaptor to suit the ‘TT style’ plastic brushed motors so it’s not great.
I suspect a press-fit coupler will quickly loosen anyway due to the outward pulling force that a mecanum wheel will experience.

We do have some GoBilda mecanum wheels which are 96mm in diameter and way higher quality, but it’s a big jump in price.

Rather than gluing in a press-fit, plastic adaptor which is hard to source, I think you might have more success by drilling out the mecanum wheel to a size that will support a more common hub size. You’ll probably break a couple in the process but the hex shaft on those mecanum wheels is just totally unique so there’s nothing standard to suit them.

1 Like