DFRobot ADXL345

Hi, I recently purchased the Triple Axis Accelerometer ADXL345 by Dfrobot.

I have 2 questions. I would like to use this with an esp32, however the arduino drivers on the site appear to be for an older version of the arduino ide. Does anybody know if there is a way to make these compatible with the new IDE?

Also with regards to wiring it, most wiring diagrams for other ADXL345s show the GND, VCC, SDA and SDL wired up. However in the dfrobot documentation when wired to a uno they also show the CS and SDO wired to Ground and live. I wanted to know if that was in fact necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Scott,

I’m not sure about your wiring for this part as one could assume that the CS and SDO connections aren’t necessary depending on the protocol of communication that you’re using as this is capable of both I2C and SPI interactions. Below I’ve linked the product (just to ensure that we’re on the same page) and also a tutorial on setting up the Arduino IDE with the board (unsure as to whether this will solve the issue, but it may provide some insight into what’s causing it). All the best with it!

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/esp32-thing-hookup-guide#installing-via-arduino-ide-boards-manager

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support