ENC28J60 Ethernet LAN Network Module (CE05233)

This is a placeholder topic for “ENC28J60 Ethernet LAN Network Module” comments.

Microchip ENC28J60 controller with SPI interface ready to prototype with.

Read more

1 Like

Quick Question;

Will I be all good if the ENC28J60 was powered by 5v pin because all the 3.3v pins will be used on my pi zero

2 Likes

or should i get a 5V to 3.3V regulator? like this one from jaycar (https://www.jaycar.com.au/voltage-regulator-lm2936-3-3/p/ZV1650?pos=1&queryId=a2f7833715c7f965bcba607bfaf8f54b&sort=Voltage%20Regulator%203.relevance

1 Like

Hi Huseyin,

That module should be powered with 5V. It has a regulator built into it which will converter down the supplied 5V to drive the parts of the module that need 3.3V

3 Likes

perfect thanks for the response.

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s happening, I have two pi zero’s with each of them having ENC28J60 module. What’s actually happening?

So I have already set up Static IP address on the Router, whenever I check devices connected to the router i don’t see these devices on the connected devices. Once a blue moon, i see them but mostly not.
And followed this guide Adding Ethernet to a Pi Zero - Raspberry Pi Spy

lm335z or 334 it`s all up to the curret you require to what regulator you will require

Hi Huseyin,

From those ifconfig screenshots you posted, looks like your pis are being seen by the DHCP server and given an IP address, have you tried getting them to ping each other or the like?

Looks to be all working to me, what problems were you having?
-James

Thanks for the reply James.

The problem is, when I check my router’s connected devices, i can;t see them on the list.

Hi Huseyin,

Can they ping each other? Can they see the internet OK?

While appliances like routers are generally bulletproof software-wise, I would trust what the Pis think are happening over what the router does.

Keen to get to the bottom of this one!
-James