Flashing green LED

I recently upgraded to Pi 3 from a Pi 2 and get a constantly flashing green LED. I’m using the Pi with a Hifiberry Digi + Pro as a Roon endpoint. The Pi 3 is not recognised as an audio device in Roon. When I swap back to the Pi 2 (same software RoPieeeXL v4.017, same settings) it works fine. No flashing green LED. Anyone have a similar situation?

1 Like

Hi Nigel,

Is the flashing green LED on the Raspberry Pi 3 board or the Hifiberry Digi board? The Green LED on the Pi boards is the activity light, but certain numbers of flashes are sometimes used to represent error codes. Off the top of my head I think 8 flashes was a RAM boot error.

1 Like

Hey Spookee, it’s on the Pi. Flashing is constant, about 0.5 seconds on, 0.5 seconds off.

1 Like

Hi Nigel,

Is it just flashing continuously, or does it flash a number of times then pause briefly before restarting?
Your green LED flashing consistently usually indicates reading and writing to the SD card which is a good thing.
You can find more details on the error codes and the number of flashes for each in the article below.

Thanks Spookee,

Flashing green constantly, so that part is functioning properly. The Pi boots, is recognised by the OS on the SD card, Roon also sees the Pi if I select it from the dropdown menu but if I select the hat it doesn’t.

1 Like