FLIRC Raspberry Pi 4 Case (CE06576)

This is a placeholder topic for “FLIRC Raspberry Pi 4 Case” comments.

The perfect home for your new Raspberry Pi 4. We will ensure our case is adjusted to fit the latest Raspberry Pi specifications. Our case is made of a beautiful aluminum core heat sink that is sandwiched between two black, soft touch shells that feel amazing in your hands. But once it’s out of your hands, it blends in with your entertainment system.

Read more

Is there a case for RPi 4 that doesn’t interfere with the camera port?

have a look at the Argon Neo, the lid comes off and there is a pop off cover that allows access I believe.

Does the case act like a Faraday cage (particularly thinking on the Pi ZeroW) where the wi-fi signal is degraded?

Hi Andrew,

While the case isn’t advertised as being perfectly WiFi safe, the reviews on our page are saying that it doesn’t degrade it too much, I’d be wary though, as I’ve found the Zero W to be a little weak in it’s WiFi performance to begin with.

-James

1 Like

Roger that, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Andrew,

Just an added note. The Pi Zero W only has a single band antenna, restricting it to the 2.4GHz band. This is actually a bit of a positive in situations like this, as lower frequency signals will actually experience less loss due to absorption than something like a 5GHz signal. There’s a great article about it here.

Worse comes to worst, you could also always take a look into a USB WiFi dongle to move the antenna outside of the case!

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi Will the FLIRC USB work in a Macmini?

Hi David,

According to FLIRC, the software to configure the USB is available in a Mac version.

Let us know if you have any more questions!
-James

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: FLIRC USB and remote selection