FLORA - Wearable electronic platform: Arduino-compatible - v3 (ADA659)

This is a placeholder topic for
“FLORA - Wearable electronic platform: Arduino-compatible - v3”
comments.

FLORA is Adafruit’s fully-featured wearable electronics platform. It’s a round, sewable, Arduino-compatible microcontroller designed to empower amazing wearables … read more

Read more

1 Like

The image on your Adafruit Flora page shows a V2, but you are selling the V3 without the RGB LED?

2 Likes

Hi Ralph,

Welcome back!

I’ve just checked out shelf stock and can confirm that we have the V3, featuring the larger holes (so the most up to date version). The RGB LED is still definitely there although it seems the batch we received used a black front panel (rather than white that stands out a lot more!)

Let us know if what I’ve described above matches the board you have, I’ve just bumped up your level so you can post photos!
Liam

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve just checked the AdaFruit pages which show the same images. Some with NeoPixel, some without. Ditto the schematics (which have no date).
Somewhat confusing …

regards Ralph

2 Likes

Hi Ralph,

It looks like the V1 didnt have a Neopixel. Which images were you looking at?

It looks like those images are old YouTube videos, we’ll get those updated!

Liam

1 Like

I think this image on your web page is copied from AdaFruit site. Also this wording on your web page doesn’t mention V3.
“Flora v2 even has an RGB NeoPixel for even more colorful lighting”

2 Likes

Hi Ralph,

I’ve removed the images and replaced them with the video’s that Adafruit have, they have some content built up for all revision of the boards(there are some throwbacks to the older revisions but the content is still relevant)! They’re all a good watch :smiley:

The product names seems to have been updated to include the V3 in the title and there are a couple of references in there! I’ve also included a mention to the V3 in the text you were looking at.

Liam

1 Like