How to Pair and Map 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Controller

Sam just shared a new tutorial: "How to Pair and Map 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Controller"

8Bitdo have brought joy to many retro-gaming enthusiasts with their SF30 Pro Bluetooth controller. It’s a fantastic piece of gear, and one of our favourite controllers to use with a RetroPie setup. We’ve covered off on our thoughts on the…

Read more

Thanks for this guide. Just to clarify, what do you mean by “mode 1”. I see 4 possible modes on the label on the backside of the SF30 Pro Bluetooth controller:
Switch (start + Y), Dinput (start + B), Xinput (start + X) and macOS (start + A).
My setup is Pi4 with retropie 4.6. Controller firmware upgraded to 1.34 (latest from 8bitdo support).
Thanks

Hey Angus,

Welcome to the Forum!

Essentially, this allows you to pair the device with a variety of operating systems and standards for Bluetooth communication. There’s a quick explanation on reddit that I’ve linked below, but you should be able to use it with the standard X+Start for ARM devices such as the Raspberry Pi running Linux. If there’s anything else that I can do for you please let me know.

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

2 Likes

Hello! Great walk through! I seem to have a different issue. I have 2 of the SN30 Pro contorollers. When I paired them via Bluetooth, I now have 2 player one controllers… The system will not differentiate between the two individual controllers.
So how do I get the configuration to create two SEPARATE controller profiles?
Both controllers are showing the same LED illuminated

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Joseph,

That is interesting! Are you using these with RetroPie or similar?

If you get into the terminal (hit F4 and type bluetoothctl paired-devices what do you see? Could it be a MAC address conflict or something like that? Or perhaps just your OS not telling the controllers which is 1 or 2.

Does this behavior occur when connected via USB too? Or just bluetooth?

Keen to get to the bottom of this one!
-James