JST-PH 2.0mm 8-Pin Female to Male connector

Does anyone know where I could get a JST-PH 2.0mm 8-Pin Female to Male connector, preferably with around 30cm wire length?

I’m working on an arcade project and I’m using a bluetooth speaker to control the sound. The speaker controls have an 8-pin connector so I’m wanting to mount the control near the joysticks with the speakers above the screen.

I’m not that good at crimping and know I can just cut and join the wires but first thought I would check to see if I could source this type of connector locally (Newcastle).

Try element14.com. They do have an 8 pin JST cable, and connectors to suit. Turn around times are usually pretty good. Just type “JST” into their search bar, then select “cables and connectors” from the list (I think).

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

That cable that looks like a shielded audio wire could be a bit tricky when looking for what is presumably a ready made extension cable. For 30 cm you may get away with ordinary wire or you may not.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

A little trick to get away with a little extra length. If you twist your two cables together in a helix this actually causes some destructive interference to aid with noise due to Faraday’s law, the improvement is actually quite significant over wires parallel to each other without shielding when sending data between them. (This is where twisted pair copper comes from originally :grin:)

1 Like

Bit awkward twisting 2 wires if the cable is already made. Even if you were able to remove from connector to twist they would be a good deal shorter than the rest.
I think twisting is more to do with cancelling common mode interference.

I will digress a bit if I may. Has nothing to do with the current problem but may be of interest.
An example of the benefit of twisted pairs. Hark back to RS232. 3 wire system, TX, TX and Common, Usually screened. Not much good above about 4 metres. Using low capacitance cable and 2 twisted pairs connecting the 2 mates together at both ends as common to give the effect of TX and RX having their own pair the range can be extended to over 70 metres. Have done this in practice.
Cheers Bob

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies everyone. What an amazing community with the great advice and suggestions. I wish I’d discovered Core Electronics earlier than a month ago!!!

I’m just a beginner/newbie but will look into this further when I’m home. The audio wires are just for the Bluetooth (microphone) which is not really a necessity for my project but would be nice to have working.

Looking forward to getting the arcade operational on the weekend :wink:

3 Likes

Progress pic if anyone is interested…

2 Likes

Awesome!

Can’t wait to see the finished product :grin:

2 Likes

I ended up cutting/joining using ethernet cable and it’s working fine, including the microphone. As each set of wire colours are ‘twisted’ inside the Cat5 cable, this may have helped with preventing interference.

Here’s the finished product

1 Like

That’s schmick! Nice work!

Very Nice!

Excellent job on the styling!

1 Like

Super schmick

1 Like