Lulzbot mini micro blower failure

Folks,

My micro blower has finally given up… As the printer is now out of warranty I just need to replace it with a new one. I know that you sell replacements. My concern is whether or not I can get pins to solder onto the fan leads that will fit into the lulzbot connector…

Will these do?

or do I need to get them off Lulzbot directly?

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Unsure if those Pololu pins will work, so let’s stick with the OEM parts.

We’ll have your Mini back to work in no time :slight_smile: Shoot us an email and we can special order that Lulzbot part in for you. Include a link to the LulzBot product page (along with the fan) and to this forum post so our logistics team can quickly join all of the dots together.

Thanks Graham,

Email sent.

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

If your talking about the micro blower on the print head, I have just had to replace mine.

The part comes with the pins already crimped on the wires, so its a dead easy replacement procedure.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that intel - we’ll check our stock when it arrives and will request LulzBot update that information as it is quite useful to know!

That is very interesting to know… because the email I got from Lulzbot support told me explicitly that I had to buy the pins… Screen grab below…

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

Replacement fans and pins arrived today. Thank you for the excellent service!

I can confirm that the fan leads do have the pins pre-installed. So there is no need for the separate terminals. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Awesome tip Daniel! Thanks for letting us all know.