Need suggestions for DIY chassis for my AI robot project

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on an AI robot project using the Jetson Nano dev kit, a Raspberry Pi camera, Jetson UPS hat, and several other sensors. For the chassis, I decided to use the JetBot Chassis Kit V2, but I’m having trouble finding a suitable 3D model to cover the whole project.

I’ve searched online for ready-made 3D printer models that fit my needs, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find any that met my specifications. I’m also hesitant about designing a 3D model from scratch without testing it, and then sending it for print.

Therefore, I’m reaching out to the community for suggestions on how I can build a DIY chassis for my project. Do any of you have any recommendations for building a DIY chassis for an AI robot? Are there any tutorials or resources available that you can suggest?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Hi Reza,

My personal approach is to design something in CAD, and print it on an affordable 3D printer, that way you can iterate very quickly if something doesn’t fit quite right into something else, and you’re not relying on finding an exact match because you’re making one :slight_smile:

Otherwise, our range from goBILDA is enormous and has a wide range of sturdy but light aluminium parts that bolt together:

Check out what Tim was able to do with their bits:

Lemme know if either appeal to you or if you have any followup questions :slight_smile: