Need the bluetooth driver for the USBBLE

Hi, I have previously bought the USBBLE connector, serial number TEL0087 and I cannot find the Bluetooth driver to download onto my windows 10 pc and use this product like a Bluetooth adapter…
Anyone here have the driver to download that can solve my problems???

1 Like

Hey Lucas,

What were you trying to connect to? BLE is different to normal Bluetooth typically found in phones etc.
I’m pretty sure you can find the driver over on this website: CC2540 data sheet, product information and support | TI.com
Scanning for drivers online should yield some results as well!

Let me know how you go!

PS: Link to the product page.

1 Like

Well I am trying to use it as a standard bluetooth adapter for things like, wireless earphones, wireless mouse etc. As in the first sentence on the about page, it clearly states “Add bluetooth 4.0 to your Windows or Mac PC directly” as to be able to add bluetooth capabilities to the device

So im trying to find the thing i need to download that allows me to use this thing to connect to bluetooth?

Hi Lucas,

The USB BLE-Link you’ve got is designed to be a bridge between a COM port on your PC and BLE. It’s configured using AT-commands sent via serial, and is usually used to program a BLE microcontroller or a similar application. It’s not really meant to be used as a Bluetooth adapter.

It’s based on a CC2540, so if you can find a driver for that, that might work, but I’m having trouble finding anyone else on the internet trying to use it like that :frowning:

I do agree that the description could be a little clearer. I’ve marked it on our to-do list to rephrase the first line

Oh ok then, I’ll just have to find a proper bluetooth adapter then, all good

1 Like

Hi Lucas,

I know you might be a bit frustrated, but here are a couple of recommendations for Bluetooth adapters as opposed to BLE:

Good luck with your hunt!
-James

P.S. What sort of device are you using it on that doesn’t have Bluetooth built-in?

just trying to use it with my windows 10 pc that doesn’t haver Bluetooth built into its motherboard

1 Like

but yes it is frustrating to know i basically just wasted my money :expressionless:

1 Like

is there anything you can do to help my frustrations??

Hi Lucas,

Send through an email to the address listed on our Contact Page, and we’ll see what we can do.

-James