Newb alert! Hi all thanks for having me

Hi people my name is Stu and I am a high school teacher from Sunshine Coast QLD. I have joined to learn how to program and code. I look forward to using this site.

5 Likes

Hey Stu,

Welcome to the Forum!! You’ve definitely picked the best place to show off your projects or ask questions!

Keen to see what you get up to :slight_smile:
-James

4 Likes

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: I think I may have spoken to you this morning regarding a goal to build an underwater Raspberry Pi camera?
In either case, tell us some more about what you’re interested in working on and we’ll see what advice we can give.

4 Likes

Hi Stu,

A good place to tinker is Tinkercad to start out with if you’re messing with Arduino. We used it at UniSA. It’s good for getting your ‘toe in the water’.

Gerard

6 Likes

Cheers I will get on it thanks.

3 Likes

For sure it was a break through chatting to you yesterday Trent. I am keen to try to build a underwater camera and learn to code at the same time. The camera I would like to develop should be able to communicate to the surface via a coaxial cable with wifi. a later enhancement would be to have recognition software capacity to recognize fish or crabs.

5 Likes

Also, maybe look at Multisim if you want to mess with electronics. I’m not sure if they have a free login. We used it at UniSA. It’s pretty good for just seeing what happens without burning the house down!

4 Likes

Ok so I got on to Tinker cad and although they are advertising block tutorials they have not started to offer them yet I will look into Multisim next. Cheers again!!

2 Likes