Nokia 5110 LCD not working

Hi, I’ve been trying to get the Nokia 5110 display working with my Arduino UNO, I’ve tried multiple configurations and libraries but it’s never displayed anything on the screen, only the backlight has worked. The guide I’m currently following in the pics is this one: https://lastminuteengineers.com/nokia-5110-lcd-arduino-tutorial/ accounting for the different pinout order. The first program seems to only flash the backlight every second.

I’ve also tried the sparkfun guide: Graphic LCD Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com however there is still the same issue. Changing the contrast and LCD Bias mode doesn’t seem to do anything.

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

2 Likes

Hi popjam, welcome to the forum,

It may not solve your issue but the first thing that jumped out at me was a couple of your soldering joints on the LCD look like they may be cold-solder joints. Specifically, the 2nd, 6th,7th,and 8th header pin joints counting from the left in your top photo.

There is a tutorial about soldering here.

Hopefully, it’s just a soldering issue because that would be the quickest fix. If it’s not we can investigate further.

2 Likes

Thanks Trent, I’ll take another look at the soldering and update if it’s still not working.

1 Like