Pimoroni HDMI 8" LCD Screen Kit

Hello. I recently bought the 8" LCD screen kit, but unfortunately have an issue.
The screen & menu is reversed. ie Not rotated, but back to front.

20210109_133419|375x499

PS. I’ve tried another screen, and that is backwards also, so I’m assuming it’s the controller board in some way?

Hoping you can help.
Thanks
Adam

Hey Adam,

Was that this one?

It’s very odd! Looks like the y-axis is flipped. Are you able to post a photo of your connections?

Hi Oliver, thanks for your follow up and sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
Images attached

20210114_192332|375x500

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks
Adam

Hey Adam,

It looks like you’ve got everything set up correctly, I pulled one of these out the other day and it was all plug and play.

It’s unfortunately looking like a faulty item. Send a reply to your confirmation email, and we’ll get the returns/refunds process started for this one ASAP!

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your response and understanding.

If we could organise a return & replacement, i’d appreciate it!

I’d still like another, for a project I’m working on.

To the support team, my original order number was Order #***

If you need any further information at this stage, please let me know.

Thanks for all your support, to all concerned.

Adam

99DF1977CDA847BA9775E83F0F743178.png

2 Likes

Hey Adam,

No worries, I believe Oliver has emailed you the returns process this morning. I’ve just removed the order number from the forum for you as a precaution for security :+1: Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Just one other thing I have noticed while doing a bit of digging. Can you access the setting pointed out in my photo? And if so what can you see? I think your display may be in some sort of projector mode where it is mirrored.

Hi Mitchell,

Yes, that is possible. I come back to you tomorrow to confirm if there is an option to resolve.

Leave it with me :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Adam, thanks very much for your help!

Hi Michell,

I can confirm I can’t access that setting, it jumps it unfortunately.

In the 2nd bottom menu is a reset option, which I tried, but it’s still not accessible.

Any suggestions?

Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

No worries, just thought that it may be some weird setting that was unlocked on your screen. I believe that Owen sent you through the returns instructions, if you could send that one back after emailing us by replying to your confirmation email so we can confirm the details, we will get this sorted for you right away!

Yes, have that and will do.

Thanks again for your help!

Adam

3 Likes