Polymer Lithium Ion Battery - 3.7V 1000mAh (CE04377)

This is a placeholder topic for “Polymer Lithium Ion Battery - 3.7V 1000mAh” comments.

Welcome to the awesomeness that is LiPo batteries. Polymer Lithium Ion batteries offer superior energy density with this 1000mAh battery being only 6mm in height!

Read more

2 Likes

What connector is this fitted with? I know it’s JST but not what type and how to work out polarity.

Hi @Mike39081,

They are a 2-pin, PH series JST connector such as the following:

2 Likes

I’m awaiting this item as it is on back order. However, I’m designing a PCB and need to know how to work out polarity.

Hi Mike,

You can go off the image and see the polarity of the connectors with regards to the JST connector (the little grove on the top gives it away), however, to ensure the design is right the first time, perhaps just wait for the battery to be 100% sure.

Hi - Is it possible to series up a number of your LiPo cells (1100mAh) to achieve a higher voltage battery? Is the regulation electronics OK with this?

Hi Stu,

While it is possible to connect LiPo pouch batteries in series to get higher voltages (this is what manufacturers do) it becomes difficult to charge them safely as multi-cell LiPos need to be balance charged.
I when looking at the consequences of getting it wrong I think you are better of finding a battery manufactured to meet you needs, you may find racing drone batteries suitable.
I’ve linked a battery below as an example, it has an XT30 discharge plug and a JST-XHR balance charge lead (so the charger can ensure all cells are the same voltage during charging)

2 Likes

Thanks for the input Trent – as you guessed, I am seeking a LiPo battery for my Parrot Bebop 2 Power drone. They seem to be incredibly hard to find (I haven’t found one yet) and getting them to Australia seems impossible (nobody will transport them). Your link to Hobbyking gives me some hope, but a quick look suggests I will still struggle to find one that fits the Bebop.

2 Likes

Hey Stu,

I would have a look at PhaserFPV for some local drone parts, there are certainly some higher cell count’s around but as Trent mentioned there are a lot of safety considerations that come into play when using a LiPo battery!

Liam.

2 Likes

Hi

Can I use the below listed product with a pytrack 2.0x

• Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (LiPo) 3.7V 1100mAh

Regards

Sascha
1 Like

Assume you are talking about this device.

Then, Yes, the specification sheet says LiPo 3.7V and about 14mA active.
So, 3.7V 1100mAH would do just fine, should run for a couple of days no problem.

Regards
Jim

2 Likes

I noticed that the MSDS for this product is supposed to apply to various 3.7V Li-Po batteries.
Pouch LiPo Battery - MSDS.pdf (core-electronics.com.au)

Section 14 - Transport Information only lists the 3.7V, 3000mAh battery as having passed the UN38.3 test.
Is there a document that lists the 3.7V, 1100mAh battery UN38.3 test results?
Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (LiPo) 3.7V 1100mAh Australia (core-electronics.com.au)

2 Likes

Hi,

We don’t have that documentation readily available sorry. Though can confirm the same MSDS is for our range of LiPo’s.

3 Likes

Can you please provide a datasheet for the battery? Max. charge rate is 0.5C? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum!!

What information in particular were you after?
I dont have one of these and I cant garuantee anything but 0.5C seems to be a safe voltage for LiPo’s, even up to 1C (From Core’s guide).

2 Likes

The battery in my 4-probe thermometer is 523450 with a 2-pin JST connector. Would this 603450 fit do you think? My 523450 is 5.2mm thick, so it should be OK size-wise. I’m just not sure about any other differences.

Hi Bruce,

It looks like it has the right connector on the end of it, so I’d say it’d be a good replacement, just watch out when comparing part numbers, as manufacturers don’t necessarily agree on which order to put the dimension numbers in.

Our product pages almost always have dimensions, so I’d bust out the calipers, or even just a ruler, to double check it’ll fit.

-James

Hello. I have a bloated coffee scale that says
-jpl 503759 3.7v (MH47359)

• 1100mAh 4.07Wh 20190803

Which battery can I replace this with?

Thank you in advance

Based on the number it would be 50mm x 37mm x 6mm but if you take careful measurements you can confirm the exact size. Then you can measure the space it has to fit in, and determine whether a 51mm x 34mm x 6mm would fit. Then you would need to confirm that the connector is the same (although changing the connector is not difficult if you are careful).

Hi All
Also the number of wires. I googled that number above yesterday an some of the results had 2 wires and some 3
Cheers Bob