Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB Not Booting

Hey everyone, good news, my Pi4 is working, finally! The HDMI cable is definitely faulty, the official one sold here by CE. I’ve bought a new one from Belkin and just tested it and it works! I hope this helps someone.

on a related but separate issue: my Pi 4B wouldn’t boot because of a what I suspect is a MISSING MBR issue … the Raspbian Instructions suggest using balenaEtcher to upload Raspbian images to SD Cards … suspecting Etcher may have issues with Acronis True Image when attempting to copy these images … if the same image is copied using win32DiskImager, Acronis VISIBLY Blocks the Copy Process with A MBR ERROR. Where as Etcher appears to completely flash and validate the process although displays a very confusing completion with a green Check box indicating it has completed yet underneath it displays a RED Dot with a grayed out “1 Failed Device” … this occurs whether Acronis Protection is on or off whereas win32DiskImager works fine once Acronis is turned off … so suspecting that Acronis is blocking Etcher from writing the MBR … My Pi now boots by using win32DiskImager to create a SD from the latest Raspbian images

Interesting issue also
I have a new Pi4 2Gb and the noobs card.
Initial boot is ok, goes through the localisation etc then when running the update cycle (looong) I got to the point where the downloads were all done, but the install failed with some part of the wolfram data … and then it said - all done, restarting …
And that was the end. The boot messages were claiming missing firmware and it just went round and round trying the ‘boot’ segment and the ‘recovery’ segment … and got nowhere.

I reflashed the SD card using the Raspberry Pi imager, (v1.7.2) and the Pi4 reboots ok. But there is a message about updates available, which (at this time) I am wary to do…
It does look more like a ‘standard’ apt update selection, and there is no mention of the wolfram code in the list … but … (it’s time for tea)

Murray

1 Like

Attempting updates now …

1 Like

… And completely successful :smiley:

1 Like