Raspberry Pi is suddnely very slow for 10 minutes

Thanks for the response. The mesh network works perfectly well at high speed (250mb - I have a fast fibre NBN connection) for all other devices and so I don’t think there is any interference. I did look at some of the system logs last night and, when connected to mesh network, there seemed to be lots of disconnections and reconnections to wifi. The mesh system has “smart connection” (which I can’t seem to disable). If I understand correctly this means that when there is a new connection it chooses between 2.4 and 5 to give the best performance. I am not sure if it does this dynamically. The RP shows a “5g” next to the mesh network name which I assume means it thinks this is a 5g network. I wonder if this is causing some issues?

Probably just stuttering, not the Pi, it works well with the normal Wifi Router, it must be the mesh network. See if you can create a VLAN dedicated to Pi and the sort. VLAN’s do not share communications with the other critters and other networks. I have 3 VLAN’s, one for the IoT critters, one for my tablet and Pi’s and another for my TV. I stopped the network steering on my AP as I read that that can cause other connections to drop. Probably, it is the same “smart thingy” on your mesh routers.

1 Like