Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) (CE04754)

This is a placeholder topic for “Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless)” comments.

The smallest Raspberry Pi just got a whole lot cooler. The Raspberry Pi Zero W carries the same form factor and specifications as the original Pi Zero and provides built-in WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1!

Read more

1 Like

when will raspberry pi zero back in stock

Hi Thao,

We’re not sure unfortunately :frowning: We’re working as hard as we can, but it’s almost impossible to get a hold of in the Pacific region.

Any update on availability?

Nothing firm sorry @Christopher35732

Thanks Graham. I was thinking of using the Pi Zero to run some monitors (want to pull apart 4 LCDs and make a ‘virtual window’ - any suggestions on cheap alternatives?

A few thousand Pi Zero W’s are available now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The limit for pi zero W is 1 when I attempted to order. When will they be available for bulk purchase?

Hi David,

Thanks for your question. The limitation timeline is up to the Raspberry Pi Foundation, sorry!

Hi @Graham,

Do you know whether there will be more stock on this in the future? and when?

Cheers.

Hi Tina,
We’re expecting some more in 1-2 weeks.

2 Likes

Hi @TinaB,

More stock has arrived!

2 Likes

The Pi Zero W is now my IoT platform of choice. You can get the equivalent of a Pi A/B with WiFi and Bluetooth dongles for less than the price of the dongles. And all in a smaller and lower power package. If you don’t need the grunt of a Pi2 or Pi3 then a ZeroW is the way to go.
If only you could order more than one at a time!

2 Likes

Great/Cheap delivery from Aus to NZ for a great product.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey David, I’m glad to hear you’ve had such a great experience with the Pi Zero W. We’re excited to have worked alongside the Pi Foundation to bring the Zero W to NZ!

1 Like

It’s fantastic to have a reseller in Aus/NZ. I love this device.

I purchased a Raspberry Pi Zero W with the camera kit. It arrived yesterday - woo hoo!

The one obvious difference with the Pi Zero W and the Pi 3 is the lack of pins. I realize I can solder a header or even individual leads but I was curious - are there any other options? I’m still prototyping but plan on putting the Pi into a case. At the moment I’ve resisted soldering anything but I’m constantly having issues with the leads not contacting properly.

Hi Ben,

Glad to hear it, yep the Pi Zero doesn’t come with headers to keep the form factor down. Only way to reliably get header pins on is to solder, but if you’re careful and use a quality iron, you shouldn’t have much trouble.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Delete items from cart

What is the best way to install the latest node-red (1.0.3) on a Pi zero (ARMv6) given that nodejs no longer supports ARMv6?

Hey Geoff,

Here’s some useful links that may help solve your problem. I don’t have much experience running Node-red on a Pi Zero in particular. But someone else here may be able to help you.

https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/raspberrypi

I’ve taken a read through these and it seems some of the info would be helpful. All the best with it!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support