Rpi-4 question`s

can i stream video via firefox …etc…etc
can it use linux does /is there good software support exist and where can i find this information

Welcome to the forum.

The answer is yes to all of the above. The main operating system for the Raspberry Pi 4 is Raspbian which is a Linux distribution based on Debian Linux. There are also other Linux distributions and lots of software available.

You can find more information at the Raspberry Pi 4 official site or search Google and Youtube:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

You can find several other Linux operating systems built for the Raspberry Pi on the downloads page:

1 Like

thank you you have your own forum i see…i looked at what your company supplies…

i would have liked to choose my own username on your forum…if there is any way i can do this…???

also since im into the sbcs i thought that rp-i had the next best to offer there is so much to offer…i have a lot to learn though…i am looking foward to my rp-i-4 as soon as i can get a 4 gig version…

also is it just a quad cor or hex core the rpi-4…??

I don’t work for Core-Electronics, I’m a customer like you. I just visit the forum when I have a few minutes free. I think you have to interact with the forum a bit to get moved up a level to change some of the settings.

The Raspberry Pi 4 is a 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU. It’s not the fastest on the market but by far the best supported. If somebody compiles their software for an ARM SBC they almost always compile it for the Raspberry PI first and often only the Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

thank you 21504…its almost the fastest in the quad core range ..i think..i have been assc with other sbcs so i should pick up a lot easily…again thank you…

1 Like

As to changing your user settings, click on the circular user icon in the top right corner and then the gear.