Small scale wireless charging receiver

For a project I am working on, I am looking to use 5Vx1A wireless charging transmitters to charge my device. Due to space allocations however the 5Vx1A receiver would be too large to fit comfortably. I need advice on the viablility/ eventual output of stacking multiple 5Vx300mA as the 21mm diameter plus a thin casing would make for the optimal size. Would it be possible to stack say 3 or 4 of these together Obviously diminishingly to get a faster/stronger overall charge.

You can probably tell from the question i am completely new to this kind of thing. So any and all advice on how this works. If it would be possible/why it wouldn’t be. Etc. would be appreciated.

The other side to the project is in the main body there will be 2 x 5vx1A transmitters, 1 x 5Vx2A transmitter, LED strip light and possibly 2 small speakers. Obviously these things all require their own power source some even with varying voltages. What options do i have to run 1 power cable in to power all these features. Do i need something like the arduino smart controller or is there a simpler method.

Wireless charging works by creating an electromagnetic field around the charging plate. The device then picks up this field to charge. Placing multiple charging plates on top of each other would drastically affect the electromagnetic field of each plate, possibly cancelling the fields. In my opinion not a good idea.

Regards
Jim

Hi Brandon
Re your first paragraph.
Stacking I don’t think would work. These devices convert the DC to AC so the transformer function would work transmitting the energy to the receiving device. Unless the AC component can be synchronised the magnetic fields could do anything and Murphy’s Law would make sure they cancelled and you finish up with next to nothing. I don’t think the experiment is worth doing really. To get any meaningful energy transfer the receiver coil has to be very close to the transmitter. In practical cases the receiver (phone ??) sits right on top of the transmitter and I think you would find the transmitting coil is just beneath the surface of the device.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes