Wireless charging for Jetson Nano

Hello everyone,

I’m looking to power my Jetson Nano using a UPS HAT ( UPS HAT for Jetson Nano | DFRobot DFR0865 | Core Electronics Australia ) and I would like to charge it using a wireless charger method. According to the UPS HAT specification, the power input required is 5Vdc±5%, ≥4A. However, I have been unable to find any wireless charger sender and receiver modules that support these specifications.

I would like to know if it’s possible to use a wireless charger to charge my Jetson Nano through a UPS HAT? Also, do any of you have any experience or know of any products that can support these specifications?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Reza,

Does this one work for you?

Yes, Thanks!
After some research, I’m just considering if this is a good idea to charge the UPS using wireless charging?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Rosa
Seems to be a lot of trouble just to save plugging a cable into a charging source. I would imagine the wireless system would be much more inefficient than a pluggable one.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

Hey Reza,

Its likely that even with that wireless charger you would be getting a significant drop in current, making the charging much slower than a wired method of charging.
What was the intended use of making it a wireless project? Maybe there is a better solution to the problem than wireless charging or traditional wired charging?

Cheers,
Blayden