The sound of the desktop disappeared when I connected the 7inch LCD IPS

Yesterday I received on time the Waveshare 7inch LCD IPS 1024x600 (With Case) that I ordered .
I connected it to the desktop to share the screen , The screen was shared and the sound of the desktop was on coming from the loud speaker of the desktop . After one hour of sharing the screen the sound of the desktop disappeared . When I disconnected the Waveshare 7inch LCD IPS from the desktop the sound returned back . When I connected the 7inch LCD IPS again the sound disappeared and return back on disconnection . How can I fix this problem ?

1 Like

Hi Adam,

It sounds like your computer is recognising the screen as an Audio output.

This guide covers changing the default ‘Playback’ device or speakers: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-default-playback-recording-audio-device/

If you disable the Audio output then you shouldn’t run into any more issues!
Liam

Hi Adam,

Could you share a bit about the speaker you have plugged into your computer/Pi? Is it USB or 3.5mm?

As Liam said, it sounds like your display is presenting itself as an audio output, and your PC/Pi is sending audio there when it shouldn’t!

If you let us know what sort of PC/Pi you have, we can provide a more specific guide too.

Keen to get to the bottom of this one!
-James