Can I connect Waveshare 7 inch monitor to iPhone?

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if the Waveshare 7 inch LCD IPS 1024x600 monitor will work if I plug in my iPhone with a lightning to HDMI adapter? Ie iPhone —> lightning to HDMI adapter —> HDMI cable —> monitor. I know this works with a normal computer monitor but am not sure if this one will work the same way.

I’m basically looking for a way to film my desk from above while I work but my iPhone will be too high for me to see if I’m in frame so I need to hook up a little monitor or something similar so i can see what I’m filming.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Zoe

1 Like

Good morning Zoe,

Yes, the display doesn’t have any inherent drivers that need to be installed, so any device with the HDMI output (assuming that the display is powered by 5V 1A USB Micro-B appropriately) will be suitable for this display. Unfortunately, as far as I’m aware the touch drivers won’t be supported by your phone, but you will be able to get a display output in this situation.

If there’s anything else that we can do for you please let us know!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

Hey Bryce,

This is everything that I wanted to hear except the monitor that you linked isn’t the one that I was looking at lol. I was looking at this one: https://core-electronics.com.au/waveshare-7inch-lcd-ips-1024x600-with-case.html

Would this one work also?

Cheers,

Zoe

Hey Zoe,

Yes, the two parts are functionally identical. Have a great day!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support