Hi, is it possible to connect the following stereo amplifier to the Adafruit Grand Central M4 Express pin A0?
After watching the How to Use Speakers and Amplifiers with Your Project. I have selected the following components, however I am not sure my wiring is correct, anyone have experience to check it over?
- Speaker - 3" Diameter - 4 Ohm 3 Watt
- Stereo 2.1W Class D Audio Amplifier - TPA2012
- Alpha Dual-Gang 16mm Right-angle PC Mount - 50K Audio - RV16A01F-41-15R1-50K-30H4
- Adafruit Grand Central M4 Express
- Solid Machined Metal Knob - 1 Diameter
- Will the amplifier remember the sound volume when turned off and on again?
- Is the 50k potentiometer sufficient to control the volume?
- The wires from the speaker to the amplifier will be around 25-30cm. This amplifier is designed for use without an output filter, when wires are kept at under 2"-4" long. Does Core Electronics sell an output filter, what is the best way to include it?
- The Adafruit Grand Central is 3V logic is this okay or do I need a level shifter? Would this level shifter be okay if needed? Also, we recommend analog inputs only. If you have a PWM (1-bit DAC) signals, use a filter to get them to analog level
I’m not sure my wiring is correct so I’ve included an image up to the point I know it is correct as well as what I think it should be.