3-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set (ADA1663)

This is a placeholder topic for “3-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set” comments.

These 3-wire cables are 163mm (6.4") long and come as a set. One cable has a JST SM type connector plug on the end. The other cable has a matching JST SM type receptacle…

Read more

1 Like

Hi, can I join two 3-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set - I need to connect two led strings together

2 Likes

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum!!

Do you have a soldering kit on hand? I’d use that along with some heatshrink to get a couple put together, otherwise, some terminal blocks should work (you can get some of the high power ones like this and cut the pins off) - 5mm Pitch 3-Pin Screw Terminal Block | Core Electronics Australia

Most LED strips will come terminated with these connectors at both ends already though.

2 Likes

Hi, do you sell just receptacle? I need two.

3 Likes

Hi James,

It doesnt look like Core have just there receptacles, you can remove the pins by pushing down on the metal tab of the female connector (not sure about the male one)

2 Likes

Yes male or female pins can be removed, i find the $2 splinter removal tool from any cheap chemist will do the job otherwise you can be tools specifically for the job

2 Likes