Adafruit ESP32 Feather V2 - 8MB Flash + 2 MB PSRAM - STEMMA QT (ADA5400)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adafruit ESP32 Feather V2 - 8MB Flash + 2 MB PSRAM - STEMMA QT” comments.

One of our star Feathers is the Adafruit HUZZAH32 ESP32 Feather - with the fabulous ESP32 WROOM module on there,

Read more

I am new to Audino and am looking to build a programmable intervalometer for time lapse photography. In the future I may wi-fi and BLE capability.

Will the Adafruit HUZZAH32 ESP32 Feather, Adafruit Monochrome 1.3" 128x64 OLED graphic display, Adafruit Rotary Encoder + Extras and Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (LiPo) 3.7V 2000mAh work together? I know some significant coding will be required, but I can manage that.
Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Rob!

I can confirm that the everything ought to work together.

I’d suggest moving towards this encoder module that also handles debouncing with all of the features that the other one you linked has

Here are the links I’ve landed on:

Liam

Thanks Liam,
that technical knowledge is helpful.

I know that I need to isolate the camera shutter release cable from the board, and understand that an optocoupler is the way to go. Can you suggest which of the Optocoupler 1 Channel (PS2501-1) or TLP190B Optocoupler would be more suited?

Thanks

Rob

Hey Rob,

I would probably suggest the TLP190B optocoupler as it is high speed and would suit your application a bit better. It has a maximum data transfer rate of 5 Mbps and a typical propagation delay of 0.5 microseconds. It is designed more for use in devices that require a fast response time.

Cheers,
Blayden