Camera Board V2 issue

Hi have tried to get my new camera board going. Have followed the tutorials and everytime keep coming up with a connection error. Last error was the following-
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/camera.py”, line 7, in
camera.stop_preview()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/picamera/camera.py”, line 813, in stop_preview
self._check_camera_open()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/picamera/camera.py”, line 538, in _check_camera_open
raise exc
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/picamera/camera.py”, line 1995, in _control_callback
"No data recevied from sensor. Check all connections, "
picamera.exc.PiCameraRuntimeError: No data recevied from sensor. Check all connections, including the SUNNY chip on the camera board

Can someone help Im in a bit of a rush to get this going as its a school project. Im not sure what the sunny chip is so maybe that is aan issue.
Cheers in advance

Hey @matt36280
The connector that your error message is referring to connects the camera to the circuit board - labelled J2. I’ve disconnected mine fully to show you. Make sure the plug is seated flat onto the socket.

Thanks for that Michael.
Tried that and ensured the other connections were good and still getting the same error message of no data received from sensor when i try to take a photo or vid.

Any other suggestions or could it just be a faulty camera or connector ribbon? Its a new camera board when I received it the connector was a little kinked, not majorly but a little kinked??

Cheers
Matt

Do you mind uploading a photo(s) of your setup with particular attention paid to how the cable is inserted into the Pi, the camera and the kink in the cable?

Hi Michael
Photos as requested. Hopefully they are clear enough for what you are after
Thanks for your help
Matt
![FullSizeRender - Copy (3)|640x480](upload://aDvhxK6j2Bi4YLwN05xPd4RQ6jJ.jpg - Copy (4)|640x480](upload://dRFL1LzVKJmIgfeNGdGBb7EQTdc.jpg - Copy|640x480](upload://oUSR6m7cmiFRSpYaxYUoelb0WF3.jpg)

Hey @matt36280, everything looks in order there. Am I correct in saying that the fold in the cable is roughly halfway along? If so that’s just where it was folded for packaging and that shouldn’t be an issue.

Just to isolate the problem, I’d like to make sure we’re running the most stripped back code possible:
if you haven’t already, can you please create a Python (2.7) script with the following, and run that:

from picamera import PiCamera
from time import sleep

camera = PiCamera()

camera.start_preview()
sleep(10)
camera.stop_preview()

Of course, this will require a monitor to display the preview on, but I’m guessing you’re using one already.

1 Like

Hi Michael
Yes the fold is from how it was shipped. I have run that script and tried others as well. They all come up with the same error of no data recieved from sensor. Im sure it must e a hardware error either in the camera board, cable or the pi itself? Ihae ordered another cable to try it? Can you think of anything else?
Matt

Hey @matt36280,
Could you please reply to your order confirmation email, with a link to this forum post so we can work out the best way to proceed. You’ll find the button next to the thumbs-up.