V2 camera not working

First time post and I see similar posts to this but they don’t help my issue either.

So I managed to grab a rasp pi 3 model B+ and the V2 - 8 Megapixels.

Have followed tutorials exactly and it has worked 2 times then nothing and I get an error.

Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647

Camera is not detected, please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly.

I have then re ceded the ribbon on the camera and also on the board but still nothing, then went back and update and upgrade and checked again.

Well I have done

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo raspi-config

then enabled camera then when I leave this it doesn’t show up asking to be rebooted so I automatically reboot it and when I come back I still get the same problem, camera not working.

Any help would be appreciated wondering if the ribbon is an issue here as the only picture and video I did see the colour was a bit off.

Thanks for replies.

Hi Brad,

I need a little more information to be able to help you out. What tutorials have you followed for setup, and can you copy and paste the errors that you are receiving when you try to use the camera?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply but for some reason the camera now works very weird I must say all day yesterday it only worked one time, then late last night I thought I would just give it a go and Bam it worked.

Maybe the updates were not working and it finally updated everything late at night.

Thanks for the reply I look forward to seeing what I can do with the Pi.

1 Like

Hi Brad,

There is a surface mounted connector on the front of the camera that can be a bit temperamental so it is sometimes worth making sure that it is secured properly.

Thanks I did unclip it and then reclip it and I think this did the trick but certainly for anyone in the future who sees this thread can hopefully learn this trick.

Thanks for another great reply.

1 Like

I used to build robots with these in them we found that driving the robot of the table would cause it to pop out. We ended up hot glueing it in place, it seemed to work quite well.

Also on a side note testing to destruction is a lot of fun. :smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RPi V2 Camera Troubleshooting