Creality LD-002R No Light coming through LCD Screen

HI All,

Please see attached photos,

I have ensured the screen is clean and plugged in well to the motherboard

However the light does not appear to be coming through the LCD screen

The prints are no longer coming through cured

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I am currently looking into this, in terms of warranty and repairs. But in the meantime could you post a video of what happens when you press the calibrate screen button located in the tools menu of the printer.

1 Like

Please see attached link with video file

20201020_124452.mp4

1 Like

Hi Chris,

The screen should have displayed a rectangle in that video.

If you could check one more thing that would be a big help (I know that you have already done this).

1. Power off machine
  2. Remove side panel of printer
  3. Remove LCD ribbon cable from the mainboard, ensure that connector is clean (and if you have isopropyl alcohol or a way of cleaning the connectors and board that would be helpful) and undamaged (if you could please send a photo of the connectors)
  4. Check for anything that may be shorting the board, i.e. dead insects
  5. Plug LCD ribbon cable back into machine and close side panel
  6. Run calibrate screen function

Thanks for your help Chris, if this doesn’t work will make sure we sort this out for you.

1 Like

Hi Mitchell,

please see attached videos and Pictures taken after your request has been completed

Unfortunately to no avail same issue

1 Like

No insects inside or dirt / dust wiped down the board and connectors with IPA waited for it to dry then re-plugged all back in

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one. We’ve sent through an email with how to send it back so we can get it sorted ASAP. Thanks for all your effort in troubleshooting this one!

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I’ve deleted your post to protect your personal details. It would be best to handle your warranty claim via email rather than on the forum. That way you won’t be posting your personal details in public.

FYI, there’s a collection run from our PO Box twice a week - and yes, definitely, we’ll let you know as soon as it arrives to us here in the support team.

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics

1 Like

Hello, may I ask what was the problem? I am facing the same issue now. I measured voltage, checked cables and connections and still the same.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

I’ve looked into this for you, and found that in this case it was an LCD failure. The LCDs in SLA printers age when exposed to the strong UV light, with the monochrome (002H) LCDs lasting longer than the colour ones (002R). We’ve got a 6 month warranty on our 002Rs so if you bought it from us recently, it’d be covered under warranty, but keep in mind that the LCDs are consumables that can be purchased from our store:

Happy printing!
-James

3 Likes

Hello James, thanks for the answer, you saved my day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And by the way I confirm there was a display issue. After replacing the display everything works fine. Thanks again for help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to us with confirmation! That should help others when they run into your issue down the line.

Great to see that our advice did the trick :slight_smile:
-James

3 Likes