Hi there everyone, I have an issue with my anycubic 4max pro, when printing the filament is perfect width and height for the skirt or brim, when it starts the part it seems to only extrude less than half the required amount, I have checked and changed many settings, checked g-code, rebuilt the hot end several times, new nozzles hot ends filament, I was running cura for slicing with the same results, I am using fusion 360 for slicing now, If the first layer prints enough for a second layer to start, then other layers will print reasonable, any help is appreciated
Welcome to the forum!
I’d suggest checking out the flow in your slicer if you haven’t already, as well as the layer height for your print. I personally suggest running CURA as a slicer rather than Fusion360, it’s open-source so there tends to be a lot of community support for setting parameters and discussions that are not possible to the same extent with the Autodesk products, although both are useful tools for CAD and CAM respectively.
Out of curiosity what are you trying to print? Do you have the same issue with all of the parts that you print? And have you ran any calibration prints yet? I’ve linked a couple community favourites below to see whether you can identify the issues from how they print, it may be an issue related to the Y-axis stepper from what you have described
hi there Bryce, I have tried the flow up as high as 150%, does not change at all, trying to print anything at all has the same problem, I have old gcode that was printing great now it wont, i have a bed level gcode that was running perfect now wont extrude enough to adhere to the bed ( not enough to squash the filament), all steppers are great the machine will move as it should just will not extrude enough, the extruder stepper spins fast for the priming fucntion and the drim then slows down for the actual part in relation to how far it has travelled, there doesnt seem to be a different extrusion flow rate for brim and part, thanks for the welcome, i aint good with forums lol
Sometimes poor bed leveling can create the same symptoms as a blockage (underextrusion, comes out as a thin string with “beads” of filament attached.)
Make sure your bed is levelled, and try Manual Bed Mesh Levelling if you don’t have a BLTouch and your bed is warped.
Interesting, is it a bowden or direct extruder? (I had a look at some specs online and it appears to be direct) I’m not too familiar myself with the Anycubic printers, I use Creality and WanHao FDM printers mostly, although when I get issues such as this it’s usually related to the friction of the filament inside the Teflon tubing leading down to the hotend if I replaced it with a shorter and tighter length then usual.
Anycubic 4Max Pro - Fully Enclosed 3D Printer with Ultra-Silent Printing – ANYCUBIC-US - You can grab the latest firmware from the bottom of this page to flash your machine with
Also, what type of filament are you using, and what temp (and bed temp)? Have you changed filament since last you printed that g-code that you’re now having issues with? It sounds like it’s almost certainly firmware related because all g-code is instructions to tell your mainboard where to move the print head and how fast to extrude filament and the mainboard simply interprets it to tell the motors and heaters what to do
Here are some classic errors that may be worth checking to ensure that the printer is performing correctly.
hi James, Yeah the bed is levelled, I have adjusted the gap from less than 0.05mm to 0.2 mm to see if that changes it, less than 0.1 makes the priming bead fatter and extrudes well still but the part the extruder still slows down and wont be enough to give any squash to the bead. thank you for helping
Hi Bryce, its a direct, the teflon at the extruder is roughly 2.1mm and 1.75mm filament, i havent reflashed the machine for a while now, I can certainly try again, cant hurt, PLA from 195 to 220degc, bed from 65 to 75degc, I was using the supplied filament from anycubic and flashforge with good prints, now just flashforge, I checked those errors and they are not the issue unfortunately, thank you