Live Stream to Youtube Camera upside down

Hi all,

I have created a time lapse and then also have it stream live on YouTube, but when its streamed on live its upside down.

Here is the code I use -
raspivid -o - -t 0 -vf -hf -fps 30 -b 6000000 | ffmpeg -re -ar 44100 -ac 2 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 2 -i /dev/zero -f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -acodec aac -ab 128k -g 50 -strict experimental -f flv rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/

I am assuming the first few code around -VF -HF is where I need to put in a 1 or 2 but have tried numerous times and still the video on youtube stream is upside down.

Has anyone got any infor for me please.

No. If you don’t want to flip the image, don’t tell it to flip the image. Remove the horizontal flip option (-hf) and vertical flip option (-vf).

Edit: add link to documentation.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/camera/raspicam/raspivid.md

Thanks I finally figured it out removing the code and its perfect, then came here and you wrote it so thank you.

Question:
My Pi 3B+ has a time lapse sequence that takes a image every minute and then with some code on the 59th min crunches all these images into a video, so at end of the day I can upload to a Youtube page for local weather. But I would also like it to Stream 24/7.

The only issue I have now is I wanted the time lapse to do its job but also stream at same time I haven’t been able to find anyone else doing this, I am positive it would be done but Robin do you have any links to someone that has this?

Thanks again

Hi @Brad87082

Sorry about the delay with the reply.

Perhaps you could do something with the lib-camera stack. This is still a work in progress, but gives you the ability to add your own program elements into the camera stream.

The following blog gives more details:

1 Like