NOIR camera Board V2 not recognised by Pi4 Model B

Hi Support,

I’m new to Raspberry Pi and starting with RPi 4, NOIR camera Board V2 and accessories etc.
I have attached the camera as per: Connect power to RPi > load Raspberry Pi OS > open the raspberry icon menu > choose Preferences category > click RPi Configuration > click the Interfaces tab.

The Interfaces tab does not show the Camera entry?
All other entries are there, SSH, VNC, SPI, Serial Port, Serial Console, 1-wire and Remote GPIO.

I removed, installed, and checked the camera ribbon cable twice and feel confident all is okay as I am familiar with using that style of cable before, and working with static sensitive devices.

From an RPi online help forum page I tried below but it didn’t make a difference:
If you are using the new Raspberry Pi OS, the camera interface is disabled. The workaround is to open a terminal Ctrl + Alt + t and type sudo raspi-config then go to Interface Options and then Legacy Camera and reboot.

Do you have any thoughts on how I should proceed to sort this out?
Cheers
Bruce

1 Like

Have you already followed this video?

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please confirm for me which Raspberry Pi OS version you are using?
There was a change to the camera libraries with the release of the Bullseye version so the commands and interface and different from the Buster(Legacy version).

We’ve got a guide that covers the setup for the latest OS version you can read it here:

The Camera setting has been removed from the interfaces tab in Bullseye so it sounds like you’re using that version. If the libcamera instructions in that guide don’t work, let us know and we’ll look into it further.

Hi Trent,

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

I’ve looked at the latest OS version guide, How to use Raspberry Pi Cameras with Bullseye OS Update’ and my RPi4 results are different to the guide, see below.

Terminal command results are below:
Cat /etc/os-release “Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
raspistill -t 0
Continuous camera video on monitor, but unable to access Camera config/taskbar so I need to re-boot to stop the camera.
raspivid -t 5000
5 seconds of video then window disappears

All libcamera commands result in ERROR: the system appears to be configured for the legacy camera stack
libcamera-still libcamera-vid libcamera-hello libcamera-hello -t 0

This my RPi setup:
1 x CE06423-KIT-ONLY - Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB
1 x CE06486 - 32GB MicroSD Card with NOOBS
1 x CE04422 - Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixel

On the first RPi 4 boot I followed the screen prompts and installed ALL available updates, and wondered if that could be my problem?

I hope above makes sense as I am very new to RPi and python, so please assume I know very little/zero, but happy to learn from tutorials, You Tube etc if you can point me in the right direction.

Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks
Bruce

Thanks, but it looks like that’s not the solution, Cheers