Pi Camera not working

I have a Pi zero attached with Pi camera Noir V2 that is working fine using MotionEyeOS. I tried to assemble Pi 4 with new Pi camera V2 using MotionEyeOS but didn’t work. Tried to double/triple check and swap with working Pi Camera Noir and found the new Pi Camera V2 has an issue. I have tried to reset the surface mount connector of the camera as per forum but to no avail. I have attached photo which I tried to add a working Pi Zero Camera onto Pi 4.

As software is involved, it would be best to go back to the native operating system (Raspbian - freshly downloaded) and test from Terminal with this command:

raspistill -o Desktop/image.jpg

All going well, image.jpg will be created on the Desktop.

If that works fine, then the issue is likely within MotionEyeOS and support for the support RPi 4. It might be a missing update, or something deeper in the stack.

I’ve got new Pi 4 running on latest update full raspbian OS then tried that command raspistill -o Desktop/image.jpg it return with “No data receive from sensor”. I tried many times the camera flat cable and sunny connector but to no avail. Pls see attached error.

Hey Eleazar,

If you’ve got another camera that’s applicable for the Raspberry Pi 4 can you please try running the same operation of “sudo raspistill -o Desktop/image.jpg” (sudo to elevate the privileges to ensure that’s not causing any issue) and if it is able to process that correctly with another camera then we can ensure that the issue is hardware related. If that doesn’t work then we will have to look at the Pi itself to ensure that there’s no kind of issues in its connection to the camera from both a software and hardware perspective.

All the best with your project! and have a Happy New Year!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

I have tried to connect PiCamera Noir V2 on Pi4 running Raspbian and it works, meaning the new PiCamera V2 is defective. Tried also swapping it through MotionEyeOs and found PiCamera V2 no image. Pls see attached photos.

Hey Eleazar,

We’ll be in contact by email. If the issue turns out to be hardware related we’ll do our best to see what we can do to fix this issue for you!

Bryce
Support | Core Electronics