Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Not booting

Hi,
I bought a new Raspberry Pi 3B+ few weeks ago for my honor project. The raspberry PI suddenly shut down when I preview pictures and it is not able to restart, and only the red power light on.

I have re-image the Raspibian operating system on the micro SD card, but it doesn’t work only with the PWR light on the board. I also image the latest Raspbian to a completely new micro SD card. However, the green light still not lit.

Could you please help me with this problem?

Regards,
Yanru

Hi Yanru,

What power supply are you using? Have you tried an alternate?

Hi Stephen,

I‘m using the RPi offical power supply bought from Core Electronics.

Regards,
Yanru

Hi Stephen,

Is there any way to troubleshoot if the Raspberry Pi has failed?

Regards,
Yanru

Hi Yanru,

Could you try powering it off of a different power supply? What do you get on the screen when you power it up? do you get a blank screen or do you get the rainbow?

Dear Stephen,

I changed a power supply and it still doesn’t work. I using HDMI cable to connect it to my desktop screen and I got a blank screen when I power it up. There seemed to be no signal through the HDMI.

Regards,
Yanru

Hey Yanru,

It seems like you covered all the bases as far as troubleshooting. One last question, are you using an image for a RPI 3B+? The B+ is not compatible with previous images. If that isn’t it, shoot us an email at support@coreelectronics.com.au and reference this forum conversation.

Hi Stephen,

I’m using the latest Raspbian operating system, and it works well before the RPi abnormally shut down on it’s own.

Hi Stephen,

Could you please explain what are the possible causes of this issue? This would be useful for me to take care of future operations and ensure that the same problem no longer occurs.

Thanks,
Yanru

It sounds like your RPi might have failed. It doesn’t sound like you did anything wrong to cause it. Just shoot us an email and reference this forum post and we will organize a replacement or return.

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Pi3B+ Not Booting