RaspberryPi unable to boot

I bought a Gaming kit with retropie preloaded on a micro SD card. I have followed the quick start instructions, plugged in the micro SD, usb keyboard and mouse, power supply and HDMI cable. It then comes up with a boot screen and will go no further. I have attached some photos of what the screen says. The last line says “end kernal panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)”

Can someone please advise me on how to proceed? This is supposed to be a Christmas present for my brother. Thank you.

Hi Jayde,

Hmm, sounds strange, sorry to hear that. I assume you’ve tried powering it off and trying again? What you can do is re-image the card with a fresh version of RetroPie which should fix it. Download Win32Disk which will allow you to write an image file to the microSD card, then download the RetroPie image here (make sure you click the 2/3 image). Then load up that image into Win32Disk and insert your SD card into the computer, and click ‘Write’. It will overwrite the card and write a fresh image of RetroPie to the card, which should fix it up.